Thursday, July 27, 2017

Briggs Alan Dimond

Baby number three was no different than the rest..I had high hopes of him coming early, and we ended up going over my due date. My due date was July 24th, and he came July 27th at around 9:30 a.m. The night before, I was complaining so much about how frustrated I was that I was still pregnant and googling all the things I could do to induce labor naturally, but never tried anything that night. The next morning, Mark got up around 4:30 and left for work like usual, and I was bugged that I had woken up pregnant still. I dozed off to sleep for another hour and the next time I woke up, I felt a contraction.. So I grabbed my phone and started timing them, they were about 10 minutes apart and lasting about 1 minute. After timing a few of them and getting up and walking around the house to make sure they weren't going to go away I gave my Mom a call to come home from work so she could watch the kids and then called Mark to tell him to head home as well. As soon as I had gotten the kids out of bed and dressed, and got myself ready Mark was home and I was feeling contractions a lot closer and could tell we needed to hurry. We headed into town, dropped the kids off at my parents house and then headed to the Hospital. The Nurses never believe I am close to deliver because apparently I stay relatively calm and so by the time they checked me, I was at a 6 and all the way effaced. The nurse told me to call her if I needed anything and left while I progressed. Well about 20 minutes later, I was in a lot of pain and having contractions so close together it felt like there was no relief. So Mark pushed the nurse button and we waited about 5 minutes and we never heard anything from her, so Mark went out in the hall and tracked her down. When she came in she realized the baby was right there and I was ready to push. She hurried and called the doctor in. (We had a different doctor deliver this baby also! In 3 pregnancies I have had 3 different doctors deliver, and none of them have been my actual doctor, because Dr. Leavitt is always out of town when we have babies.) The doctor was so fast getting there and I appreciated it, he was out of breathe from running into the hospital from his Truck, bless his heart. As soon as he was in his suit, he asked Mark to suit up and help deliver the baby which was quite the experience for Mark, I had a couple good pushes and our little 7lb 9oz baby was in our arms. He didn't cry and was so fine laying with me looking around. It's always such a relief to have labor over with and your sweet baby in your arms, and start that special bond. here is a picture I took of Mark while I was up walking through some contractions
Here is Mark and Briggs after they got him all weighed and everything. Mark is always such a proud new daddy and i'm so grateful for that.
Hospital visits

No comments:

Post a Comment