Wednesday, February 26, 2020
Jed Price Dimond
The sweetest little boy joined our family on February 26th. I was due March 12th with him and my blood platelets were starting to drop and Dr. Leavitt was concerned that if we went much further they would become so low that it would be high risk to deliver and have the risk of bleeding and not being able to stop bleeding. This was really concerning me and I was sort of anxious about my blood work, then I got a call from Dr. Leavit on Tuesday and he said what do you say we get you to the hospital tonight and have a baby?! ...Well I was not sure how I felt about this and I felt like Dr. Leavitt wasnt giving me much guidance as far as what was going to be best- Delivering now and have to be induced (which freaked me out) or waiting and taking the chance that blood work work keep dropping but not be induced. I have always had natural deliveries and never had an epidural. After talking to Mark and Dr. Leavitt a little more we decided that we would get induced. We dropped the kids off at my parents around 5 and then checked in a got situated around 6 p.m. they starting me and things were starting to happen- but it was taking a really long time. We went all night and by the time morning rolled around I decided to have an epidural. . by this point I was starting to feel contractions harder and I was really concerned that I was going to be in labor A LOT longer because I was just not progressing as fast as I usually do and I know I can handle contractions for an hour and deliver but I wasnt sure I could handle them for several hours. So I got the epidural. Which was terrifying to me. Then about 30 minutes later Dr. Leavitt showed up at the hospital and said lets try breaking your water and see what that does. Well sure enough not 15 minutes after they broke my water I was in full blown labor. Which was a real bummer to me that all they would have had to do was break my water to begin with and I would have been able to not have the epidural. It was the worst experience I have had with Labor out of all 4 of my deliveries and that is upsetting to me because it will be my last baby and delivery and I hate to end on such a negative labor. But he is here and our family is sure loving him. He has been a really good baby and such a blessing to us. Mark had barely taken a new job offer before we had him and had to be to work on March 2nd so we didnt get much time with Dad home and then not long after that we had the chaos of the Corona Virus hit and we have been on lock down with this little guy for months at home.
Jed Price Dimond or (JD)
Born at :
Weighed:
Height:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)












No comments:
Post a Comment