Monday, November 28, 2022

2022 Christmas Tree Hunt

This years Christmas tree hunt got a little wild for a minute. This winter has been record breaking snow fall and the mountains were deep in snow. We went to our usual spot to find a tree and as we were going further into the mountains we passed a truck that rolled their window down to tell us it wouldnt be a good idea to go further, that there was a couple trucks up higher that were stuck bad. So we listened and turned around, but we still ended up getting stuck. We were also on a bit of a time crunch because we were supposed to be back to Idaho Falls to go to a movie with Grandma Nield and Nield cousins. Mark tried and tried to get the truck out and it was just a mess. So I decided to take the kids and start looking for a tree while he kept working on the truck. We were searching all over the place going up and down the mountain, no luck. Jed started to get tired and cold so we headed back to the truck, Mark had gotten the truck out but not long after that it got stuck in a different spot. So we left Jed with Mark in the truck to warm up and McCall and I headed back out to find a tree. At this point I just wanted to get a tree and get the heck outta there. I said a little prayer in my head to my Dad (Grandpa Nield) that he would lead us to the perfect tree and fast- he took us tree hunting a lot and I always feel so close to him when I am hiking through snow looking for a tree. Not very many minutes after I said that prayer McCall pointed to a tree and said what about that one. I almost disregarded it because we could only see half of it and it looked too perfect to be true. But we walked over to it and shook the snow off and we were happy to see that it really was the perfect tree. We quickly cut it down and together we pulled that tree up the side of the road and sat down next to it to take a breather just in time for us to see Mark drive up over a hill (he got the truck out!) we threw the tree in the back of the truck and drove out to the main road and pulled over to have some cocoa, then headed home in time to make it to the movie! Our Tree was beautiful; and it was a testimony builder to me that my Dad is still very aware of my life and is there to help me and that Heavenly Father answers prayers- even silly ones about a Christmas Tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment