Friday, October 28, 2011

It's A .......

On october 26th Mark and I went to the doctor for our ultra sound! It was probably one of the neatest things I have ever witnessed. The ultra sound tech said that she has "no red flags" for our baby and that everything looked great! It was so amazing to look at the development of such a small baby. She said right now our baby is about the size of a pop can...but already was so developed. I have been wishing for a girl since before I was even pregnant, and Mark didn't really have a preferance (he was mostly worried about the baby having all parts of its body and that we wouldn't have to choose what gender it would be) Anyway it turns out we are having a GIRL!!! We were so excited and we already are antsy about her getting here! Our ultra sound tech even let us see the baby in 4D and we really got to see what she looks like! For a while we got to watch her mouth moving like she was sucking on something, we could see her little tongue moving back and forth. It really made things real for us. I have felt movement for a while now, but it hasn't been very intense kicks and we learned that it was because my placenta is on the top of my stomache and so its cushioning all of the movement in there.
We feel so blessed to have such a healthy baby thus far and that we get to see our sweet little girl soon and take care of her.
We wanted to surprise my Parents and Alese and Ty, so Mark and I told them that our Ultra Sound was a day later than it really was. So right after we found out what it was, we went home and carved the rest of our pumpkin. It said "It's A Girl". Then we went over to my parents and put a candle in it and told them to come look at the pumpkin we carved them. They were so excited. Then we left the pumpkin outside on the porch for when Alese and Ty got there. We listened at the front door while they walked up, and I could hear my sister reading it out loud, then she squealed and ran inside. It was so much fun and we can't wait until Jeff gets the pictures in the mail!

1 comment:

  1. Carving a pumpkin to tell everyone the gender is such a fun idea! I am so happy for you guys! Your little girl will be beautiful! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete