McCall was born on March 12, 2012. She weighed 7lbs 5oz and was 20 1/2 inches long. Mark and I have been anxiously awaiting her arrival and it seemed like the time would never come when we would have our baby here. Mark has been in between jobs for the last Month and we thought "it sure would be nice if McCall would come early and then we wouldn't get so bored throughout the day and Mark could spend some time with her and I". Well she ended up only coming 2 days early, but it worked out ok still.
Sunday night after we left My parents house I felt like I might be having contractions, but they were very light and about ten minutes apart. So Mark and I decided we would go on a drive up in the mountains. On our way back into town the contractions were getting closer and I knew we were going to have our baby that night. We went home and watched a few episodes of "How I Met Your Mother" and waited for the contractions to get closer and harder.
Around One a.m. I decided we better get to the hospital and at least see how I was progressing. When we got there, the nurses were pretty slow to help us because they didn't think I was that far along. When I finally got a nurse to check how dialated I was, they told me I was almost a 7...which I kind of figured since my contractions were really hard and about a minute apart. So Mark and I waited it out a bit longer (Mark was really good to just sit there and not bother me, but I knew he was there if I needed him to do something). I think everytime I would have a contraction the look on Mark's face got more and more worried. As my contractions were getting closer and harder, I knew they needed to call the doctor and get him there fast because this baby was about to come out whether they were ready or not. (I was very disappointed; however, that Dr.Leavitt was out of town and I had to have another doctor that was filling in for him.) As soon as they broke my water, I was ready to push that baby out...the nurses ended up delivering our baby for the most part. The doctor made it there just in time for me to push one last time and have the baby out.
DAD AND MCCALL
When McCall was born she didn't even cry, she laid on my stomache and just looked up at me and sat there...It wasn't until they started rubbing on her and moving her around that she cried. She has TONS of dark hair and she is such a good baby. She hardly ever cries unless she is hungry and I'm changing her diaper. I think she smells like Heaven and it has been so fun being a mom so far. We took her home Tuesday afternoon and we have been enjoying our addition to our family since then.
GOING HOME FROM THE HOSPITAL
No comments:
Post a Comment