Sunday, April 1, 2012

McCalls first bath

Today McCall got her first official bath. Her umbilical cord stayed on for three weeks almost!..It finally came off last night and so we got to give her a real bath today. For the last two weeks she has just been getting a bath with a rag and I just had to wash her hair over the sink. She actually didn't mind her rag baths, which is surprising because even though I tried to keep her as warm as I could, i'm sure it was still chilly at times.
Today before her bath, she was soooo sleepy, but we were determined to give her a bath. She tried really hard to sleep through her bath, but finally woke up and enjoyed it. She was a little worried at first when Mark put her in the water, but then once she got used to it I think she enjoyed it for the most part. We washed her hair really good and she smells like a clean baby now :) I hope bath time will be a fun time for her as she gets older.

Here she is before we put her in the bath.


Here she is in her tub...loving her bath


Here she is after her bath...with her crazy hair that Mark loves



Today was also the day that she got her first bottle from Dad. She has just been breast feeding since she was born, and today Dad got to give her a bottle...and she took to it like it was nothing new. Although I think it came out faster than she thought it would so she was having to swallow pretty fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment