Tuesday, March 12, 2013

McCall's First Birthday

McCalls birthday was great. We woke up and went right to the doctor at 8 for her one year check up- and shots :/ poor girl didn't take the shots very well. The doctor didn't have anything he was concerned about. 
-She weighed 20 lbs 6 ounces(70%). 
-She was 28" tall (17 %)she is a little shorty. The doctor did tell me that I should limit the amount of times I say "No No" to her and try phrasing it a different way so that she isn't always hearing No all day everyday. I have been trying to say different things like "thats not a toy" or you are going to fall and get hurt, please get down" but most of the time I am on the verge of saying no and then have to quickly think of something else to say. But I am hoping she will grow out of this stage of I need to test mom and dads limits, because I am getting overwhelmed. (especially at church) The doctor also said she should be off her bottles now (she pretty much was- she just had a bottle before bed) Last night was the first night I tried the no bottle before bed and she went right to sleep so hopefully we can be off the bottle in no time. The rest of the day McCall and I just played with some of her new toys and she chased bubbles around the house for quite a while. Later on Oakley came over to play and then we had my parents, Alese and oakley, and Jeff come over for dinner and cake and ice cream. It was a really nice evening with family and food! Mark made McCall her birthday cake, it was banana cake...She loved it. We also got ice cream cone clowns from baskin robins with everyone's favorite flavor of ice cream. McCall sat in her high chair and ate her cake and loved every minute of it. She got lots of fun presents like,bubbles, A baby doll, a elephant that blows balls in the air, a play telephone, a shovel and pail for outside this summer, and a bike seat and helmet from dad and mom, some puzzles from Aunt Alese, and some clothes, a quiet book, a Little Einstein movie, and a singing toy from Grandpa and Grandma Nield. She is in Heaven playing with her new toys. She was in desperate need of toys. Mark and I are just too cheap to buy her a whole bunch of toys, so she has been playing with random household items...especially kitchen stuff. I love every little thing about McCall and I am SO grateful to be her mom and that I get to watch her grow and mature. We hope you know we love you M! You bring so much happiness to our lives. Picture Overload

No comments:

Post a Comment