Sunday, July 21, 2013
Marks Company Party and a 5K
DePatco has, by far, been the best company Mark has worked for (besides Steve that is :)). They are so great to their employees and really care about making their jobs enjoyable and stable. They had a summer company party at a Chuckars baseball game. We got free dinner and entertainment. The food was yummy and we were able to mingle with a few people, and I always love meeting the people Mark works with and putting faces to names. They are a really good group of people and Mark and I both are very grateful for the job he has.
While I was stuffing my face full of hot dogs, macaroni salad, pork and beans, and was in high hopes of an ice cream later on that evening.. Trevor Pope (he is also from Wendell, and works with Mark) came over to our table and asked me to run a 5K with him that night...like in 2 hours. I put down my fork at that moment and thought twice about the food I was consuming. I decided it sounded like lots of fun and knew my sister would want in on it too. So we left the company party just a little early and headed over to Taylors Crossing, where they were holding "Nightlife Dash". SOOOOOOO stinkin fun. I wish I could do a 5K every weekend that was this fun. We got a T-shirt, Glow sticks, a number, and we were ready to go. We also got a little crazy with the glitter but it was so worth it. The race was in the dark (hints the glowsticks and black lights) and that meant it didn't start until 10; way past McCalls bedtime. She was a champ and did great, she danced to the music and hung out with Mark while I ran. We ran it in 20 minutes, which was fine with me. I will be working on my time though and hope to improve in my next 5K. I am so glad Trevor talked me into running it, and I am looking forward to more 5K's, 10K's, maybe even a marathon someday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment