Wednesday, December 31, 2014
December
I was asked to make centerpieces for our Ward Christmas Party this year. I was a little nervous because i literally had 0 dollars to spend, and I have decorations for my house but not enough decorations to go on 24 tables! I looked on pinterest and saw a few things that could work. And then came up with The idea of having slices of a tree trunk or log in the middle with a mason jar filled with a pine needles and baby breath sitting on top. I filled the mason jars half full and then added some cranberries to the water and they just floated on top of the water and added some color to the arrangement. It turned out pretty cute and everyone seemed to like it. I was really glad when it was over with so I didn't have to stress about it anymore.
We have enjoyed having Mark home a lot more often, since the weather isn't ideal for construction right now.
We also got our basement all textured. We had been waiting on this texturing guy that my dad likes to use, and he finally got around to doing it. This guys name is Jose, and he has been doing drywall for 20+ years, he is really talented and he cost us less than half of what all american restoration quoted us which was $1375.00. Jose charged us $550.00. But having all this done means I am going to be one busy lady painting in January. It is so crazy to me that we are already to the painting stage, all that's left after this is carpet and tile! We are excited to double the amount of living space we use!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment