Monday, June 6, 2016

McCalls Tennis Lessons and Learing to ride a two wheeler bike

We put McCall in Tennis this summer and unfortunately she got sick the first day of it and it was only a 3 day camp. When we got there the first day, she was very mellow and wasn't really participating in the drills, I thought it was because she was nervous about not knowing anybody and being shy. Then right in the middle of the tennis court, she started throwing up. I ran and grabbed her and she continued to throw up clear over to the grass area. It was a stinky mess and I felt so bad for the poor girl, she was embarrassed. We got her home, and she was pretty sick for the next couple days. We will try tennis camp again next year. The next week we were babysitting some of McCalls friends at our house and her friend Jaylynn had her big bike at our house and McCall came up to me and asked if she could ride jaylynns bike, and I told her "well you could but it doesn't have training wheels on it" McCalls response to that: that's ok Mom. So I just thought I would let her try it and see for herself, but to my surprise she literally hopped on it and rode off, like she had been doing it for years. I never once held on to the back of it. She was so excited and so was I...It was a lesson learned that I should never be the one to tell her she can't do something. we went to the store and got her a big girl bike and she hasn't stopped smiling since!

No comments:

Post a Comment