Oakley was born Jan. 26, 2012 and weighed 6lbs. 4oz.and was 19 1/2 inches long.
Thursday Morning around 2, my phone is ringing and for some reason I thought it was my alarm going off. Once I woke up more I realized my sister was calling me; so I answered it and she said "my water broke and we are headed to the hospital", I think all I said to her was "shut up". I grabbed some clothes and hopped in Marks truck and headed to their house to take her a few things and to help them get all their stuff put together for the hospital. Then they headed off to the hospital and my mom and I met them there. My mom and I got to hang out with her most of the morning in her room, and that was fun. I enjoyed watching what all is going to happen to me in a few weeks when our baby comes.
They started her on pit, and that didn't seem to be doing much. Her contractions were getting harder but they weren't progressing the dialating. Finally around one o' clock, she decided to get an epidural (since it looked like it was going to be a long time until the baby was born). So while the doc came in to give her the shot, my mom and I ran to get some food for ourselves and Ty. Right as we were finishing our lunch, the phone rang and Ty said "We are going in for an emergency c-section, you better get here fast." My mom and I had no idea why she needed a c-section, until after the baby was born and we got to talk to the doctor. But we made it in time to watch Oakley be passed through the little window into the nursery; just screaming at the top of her lungs. All the nurses laughed at how loud Oakley would scream. It was so awesome to look at Oakley for the first time, and see how Ty would stand right next to her and make sure she was taken care of while alese was being stitched up.
It turns out Oakley's cord was too short and wouldn't allow her to make it any further in the birthing canal, and it was wrapped tighlty around her little neck... as Alese would have contractions, Oakley's heart beat would drop down to the 30's, so the doctor said we need to get her outta there and fast. The c-section wasn't Alese's first choice; of course, but she has healed really really nicely and fast...and Oakley is such a cute baby. Oakley has already grown so much and she hardly over cries unless she is hungry or getting her diaper changed. I am so happy for Alese and Ty and I can't wait to watch Oakley grow up and to be a part of her life.
Here Ty is with his new little girl.
No comments:
Post a Comment