Thursday, June 28, 2012

Big Hunter

The house we are renting has a small shed on the property and they have a whole bunch of crap in it. Mark and I opted not to use the shed due to how gross and smelly it was in their. We thought for sure there had to be some kind of rat living in there. The only thing we put in the shed was the lawn mower because we could just hurry and open the door push it in and shut it. Well on Saturday I went out to the shed to grab the lawn mower. As I opened the sliding door I heard some shuffling around in the back corner of the shed. I was hoping that I was just hearing things...maybe it was the wind or a tree or something? Then out of the back corner of the shed a huge PACK RAT scurried itself across the shed and into another dark corner. I screamed and ran inside to get Mark-Who was napping and was quite startled by my running in the house screaming. All I could do was put my hands up showing him how big the rat was that I had just seen. I told him he needed to grab his gun and get out there. So he grabbed his 22 and came out with me. He moved some things around hoping the rat would run out; But got no reaction from the rat. So he proceeded to tear the shed apart looking for the dumb thing (I wanted it dead). He finally found the dumb thing and it was wedged between two pieces of wood. So he lifted one piece up and shot it! The thing hopped around for a bit so he shot it again...Grabbed some pliers and tossed the rat out in the field behind our house. I told him that was probably the best hunting he would experience this year :) I will admit that I was very skeptical while mowing the lawn that day...I was watching really close and making sure there were no other rats sneaking up on me! Eww
This is the shed all torn apart after mark shot the rat

No comments:

Post a Comment