Saturday, September 8, 2012

East Idaho State Fair

Every year we go to the fair in Blackfoot and I Love It! I love the food (dutch oven pulled pork, beans, potatoes, and cobbler are to die for), I love the events they have, and I love the strange things and people there. Mark and I decided that we would go on a date night with McCall and go walk around the fair and grab something to eat. So I loaded up the diaper bag and was extra prepared for what we might need with a baby at the fair. As we were driving there, we hit firth area and rain was pouring...Mark and I thought oh it's okay, it will be over by the time we get there and find a parking spot. So we parked, and sure enough it was down to just a very light sprinkle so we got the stroller out and McCall out and bought out tickets. We had just barely gotten into the fair and a huge gust of wind came up and it started raining even harder than it was before...so we went into one of the shelters there and thought we would wait it out 10 minutes and then be just fine. So we waited-and waited-and waited-and waited for about an hour and a half. We finally decided that it wasn't work waiting any longer and that we were starving. We made a mad dash back to the car through 6 inches of rain on the ground and a nasty wind/rain storm. Needless to say that was a failure and so we decided to drive home and go to dinner at Red Robbin. It was tasty as usual and we had a good night anyway. Alese got tickets to the Rodeo for free from her work and so she invited Mark and I to go the Rodeo with them on Tuesday night. My parents offered to watch the babies while we all went and so it was fun to get away from everything. The rodeo was a lot of fun and the clown was hilarious. Well that left my parents not going. So Friday they decided to go at night and we all went with them. It was probably the funnest night of the week. We just relaxed and ate yummy food and walked around. The weather was much better and we saw lots of people. McCall did sooo good and sat in her stroller the whole time and just watched people. She didn't sleep at all and she just watched all the people go by. But she was pretty tired on the way home and went right to bed when we got home.

No comments:

Post a Comment