Thursday, October 18, 2012

A place we call HOME

It seems like we have been hunting for a home for years now. After looking through many homes and many neighborhoods we have found a place to call home. Looking for a home is not as easy as it sounds. A home is an investment and Mark and I wanted to make sure we were making a good investment. I have gotten the impression as I talk to people and observe the neighborhoods, that the younger generation is only happy with a BRAND NEW home. When really most of the brand new homes Mark and I looked at were little cracker boxes, and they wanted an arm and a leg for the house because it was NEW! Mark and I lived in an apartment that was 700 sqft and we paid $600/mo and that included utilities. It was two bedroom and one bath and had a garage. Well most brand new homes we looked at were 1300 sqft... not a whole lot bigger. We have always LOVED the charm of brick homes. We wished we could find one to buy but never saw any on the Market. Well short story - we found one. This house is 2800 sqft, has two car garage, 4 bedrooms, 2.5 bathrooms, two family rooms, a nice storage room, a shed, two fireplaces, a dining room, and a nice kitchen! Since this home was built in the 60's they were asking a reasonable price and for triple the space we had in our apartment we are paying $50 dollars more. And the best part is that we can get our money back when we move. I have been reading a lot of financial books lately and it makes me feel good knowing that we can make the payments without a sweat each month and that we are not living outside of our means just because we want to have some FANCY house. This home has a few outdated things in it, but Mark and I are excited to be able to work on the house and be able to make it the way we want it. We are so EXCITED! We will be moving in 10/26/12.

1 comment:

  1. That is so exciting! You are so good, I am definitely a little brat about having a "new" place. haha but everyone is different. I'm positive you'll make your new home so cute! Can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete