Thursday, October 18, 2012
Elder Nield
Jeff has been on his mission and since he has gone on his mission, I have witnessed the love our Heavenly Father has for missionaries.
Jeff has always been a home body. When he was younger he always preferred to be at home and he was the same even in High School. So when he left on his mission it was a big change for him and it was something he was going to have to overcome.
The first few months that Jeff was out in the mission field were rough for him. He was discouraged and felt out of place. I remember our family getting together one evening and saying a family prayer for him and then started a fast on his behalf. We needed Jeff to be okay and to belive in himself. It was such a drastic change that took place in his heart after a few weeks went by.
Heavenly Father knew Jeff needed comfort and strength to carry on and not come home, and he blessed him with that; and so much more.
Today Jeff is 3 1/2 months away from returning home, and will have served a full two year mission. He has been a trainer, and was made District Leader several months ago and is still enjoying that calling today. He has been able to share our wonderful gospel with so many people and has been able to bring the peace and happiness of the gospel into people's lives that were once lost and chaotic. I have been really blessed to watch him grow on his mission and watch his testimony grow. I know that this gospel is true and I know that there is a plan for each and every one of us. I know our Heavenly Father knows who we are and what we stand in need of. What do people do without Christ in their lives?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment