Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Binki Free

As much as I loved having a binki for McCall while she was a baby...I can't say I have loved weaning her off of it. That girl LOVED her binki. I tried about a month or two ago taking it away - she screamed and screamed and screamed. I decided going cold turkey might not be the right method for her. So ever since the we had only been giving it to her when she took her nap and when she went to bed. Then I would usually go and take it out of her mouth when I checked on her before I went to bed. She got to where she was pretty good about just handing me her binki right when she woke up from naps. Just about a week ago I decided I would try putting her down for a nap without it. It turns out she did great. There was more fussing than usual but she still went to sleep fairly quick and painlessly. So that night I attempted no binki at bed and she did it. I think there was a day there that mark had her and gave her the binki to go to sleep but she has been binki free for about a week now! We are making progress before the baby comes at the end of winter. Now onto - putting herself down for her afternoon nap, and - potty training. 

No comments:

Post a Comment