This year Mark and I went with my dad to get a real tree. Last year we just used one of my trees that I usually use for decorating, but this year we decided we wanted a real tree. So we loaded up in the truck on Saturday morning and went to find our tree. We went past Swan Valley, and the drive was really pretty. We did some off roading, and then got out of the truck to start our hike. We hiked ALL OVER the mountain; I don't think there was a single spot on that mountain that we didn't cover. The snow was a lot deeper than I had anticipated, and I was usually trudging through snow that was past my knees. (I definately got a work out). Being six months pregnant, I was not a whole lot of help when it came to cutting the tree down and taking it down the mountain, but Dad and Mark got the two trees down the mountain and we got them loaded up in the truck. Mark and Dad just wore Levi's, and their pants were frozen solid...they could hardly bend their knees to get into the truck afterwards. Our tree this year had to be really skinny because we do not have a lot of room in our small apartment for a really full tree, but I really like the tree we got; it has character. We have about six ornaments to put on the tree (but I am too cheap to go buy a bunch more, until we have a house) so this year we have a VERY Charley Brown Christmas Tree. Both Mark and I really like having a real tree and we think it was definately worth it to go get one.
Mark and I getting ready to go find our Tree

Dad and I with our trees

Mark and Dad
No comments:
Post a Comment