Sunday, August 12, 2012

5 Months and hating naps

Well McCall is 5 months now. Time is flying. McCall is so much fun these days. I love waking up and going to get her out of her crib and walking in to her smiling at me. She always greets me with a smile in the morning, and it is the best way to start a morning. She is sitting up great and occasionally she will tip over and cry for a minute but she is usually fine after I sit her back up. McCall likes to blow spit bubbles lately and when she happens to be mad and crying she also throws in a few spitting fits. Her favorite toys are a little pan and her chewing star. On the other hand, McCall has decided that naps are no longer a requirement. (coming from the girl that used to take a 3-4 hour nap everyday) So I am trying to adjust to this new routine of hers and she is too. She is very grouchy and if I walk out of the room while she is playing on the floor, she starts crying (no matter how happy she was prior to me walking out of the room). It is a bit frustrating at times but it is nice to be needed and I love that I can be the one that comforts her. Unlike McCall, I am not giving up on nap time yet. I have been working with her this week to get back on her schedule of going down for a nap at noon. Even if she only takes a 2 hour nap, it would be better than her 30 minute naps here and there. I am grateful for McCall's sweet little spirit and how she has shown me how much Love I can have for someone. She makes me smile everyday and I love watching her grow and learn. This is just the beginning of a fun journey and I can't wait to watch her grow more and learn more. I Love You McCall.

No comments:

Post a Comment