Monday, December 2, 2013

Our Love Story- Part One

The other day I was online looking through some blogs and I came across a lady's blog that had taken the time to write about how her and her husband met. So I was inspired to record how Mark and I came to be. 
I think it is only fair to start this story way back in 2005-2007 when I was in high school. No, Mark and I  were not high school sweethearts. We didn't even live in the same city; same state yes, but not the same city. The reason the story starts here is because I dated A LOT of losers in High School. Like....real big idiots that wouldn't know how to treat a lady if their life depended on it. Especially my last boyfriend- who I continued to date while I was in my first semester of College. I had been accepted    to College of Southern Idaho in Twin Falls, ID as well as Brigham Young University in Idaho. I made the decision to go to Twin Falls because, honestly I really hadn't had the best experience with the LDS kids in my High School. (Which is partly why I dated such retards- I was pretty much desperate for friends, as lame as that sounds). The LDS kids were really clicky and weren't very accepting of other people if they weren't rich or didn't play sports or so on and so forth. Let's just say I wasn't looking for a college to attend that was packed with kids like that. 
Fall of 2007 rolled around and I was on my way to Twin Falls to start school. (Against the will of my high school boyfriend). I got to Twin Falls and ended up becoming a student ambassador for CSI. This is where I met all my new friends. I had quite. Bit of fun, but at the same time I missed my family and I knew that the kids I hung out with at CSI weren't going to get me closer to my goal of a temple marriage and a family of my own. So I packed up my things after that semester and re-applied at BYU-I. I was accepted to start right away on their spring fall track. Which meant I would start school that coming April. I knew I would need a job while I went to college so I started looking for jobs up there right away. I was able to get a job at the Biolife Plasma Center and I was so excited to work there- it was a great paying job and it allowed me to have a flexible schedule while going to school. 
I started training at the Plasma Center at the end of February of 2008. Training included reading a whole bunch of stuff and then taking a written test and then FINALLY I could start working in my "area". My trainer was Andree Anne, and I would follow her into booths everyday shadowing her while she took donors blood pressure, heart rate, temperature, and then asked a series of questions. On my first day shadowing Andree Anne, she decided to screen some of her friends because she knew they would be good people for me to watch her screen. So she called in a guy named Tim Hughes. He was very friendly and we all chatted in there for a while. Then she called in Tim's roommate Mark Dimond. The first thing I noticed were his gorgeous brown eyes...(to be continued). 

1 comment:

  1. This is so cute Leslie, I'm glad you're writing it down! I don't even think I've written a detailed background like this on Kevin and I yet...probably should!

    ReplyDelete