Saturday, December 28, 2013

Christmas 2013

This year we decided to start staying home for the Holiday. We usually would rotate between Wendell and I.F. For Christmas but that was before we had any kids or a house. So this year we decided that McCall would enjoy Christmas more if she were able to get the full effect and be able to be in her own home. Also this way Mark and I weren't trying to shove presents in the trunk or truck to haul all over the country, just to turn around and haul them back. We were very blessed this Christmas, and McCall was very excited about her toys...I don't think she really has the whole Santa concept down yet but was still very excited to see so many new toys to play with. She was very particular with how she opened the presents; she would carefully tear a piece and then put it in the box we were using for garbage. And then she would just immediately hand the toy to Mark so he could open it for her. We pretty much had to force her to open her next presents...she would have just played with each toy all day I think. Her favorite toy from us was her cash register and her shopping cart. Grandpa and grandma Nield got her a tiny people palace, an outfit, a cute backpack filled with church stuff to keep her occupied during church, and a purse with a necklace and bracelet and a little comb and troll doll. 
Mark got his sliding compound miter saw that he has been wanting and needing so it makes his life easier working on the basement. And I got some new winter boots and some clothes (that I will enjoy next year after this baby is born). 
Christmas Day was spent playing with new toys and spending time at my parents house. We played a card game later Christmas evening and had lots of fun doing that. It's crazy to think next Christmas we will have a 9 month baby! Time just goes too fast. We are so blessed to have Christ as the center of our lives and so blessed to have the peace of this gospel in our lives. 

No comments:

Post a Comment