I thought the day would never come that I could say our little boy is here. March 21 2014- Diesel Mark Dimond was born at 4:10 a.m.. There really isn't much of a birth story behind it since labor lasted 2 hrs from my first contraction til he was here. Thursday the 20th I went to bed just like any other night. I hadn't felt anything different than the other days. At 2 a.m. I woke up to a contraction. I got out of bed and went to the bathroom then kinda walked around the house a little to see if it was really contractions. Finally, I went and laid back in bed and by that time mark had woken up. I told him I was having contractions and they were about 5 min apart. We both laid in bed timing contractions for a while before deciding to call my mom. My mom got to our house to stay with McCall around 3. I told my mom that I didn't want to go in too early, but we decided to head in anyways. (The contractions really didn't seem too bad so I thought I had a while still). When I got there the nurse wasn't in too much of a hurry because I guess I wasn't acting like I was in that much pain. Once she finally took her time asking questions a walking around gathering things, she asked if I wanted to be checked- I said yes. She checked me and that's when she started moving a bit faster. She said good thing you came in- your at a nine, I am calling the doctor so you can start pushing on your next contractions. Since Dr. Leavitt was out of town Dr. Oldryd delivered Diesel. The doctor got there within ten minutes of her checking me and I pushed about three times and he was out. I will say, I was not impressed with the way Dr. Oldryd handled delivery. He was really rough with me. I had no pain meds so I felt everything he was doing to me and he was just kinda rough. I pretty much wanted yo kick him in the face every time I pushed.
I couldn't believe how small he looked. McCall was a chubby baby and so when I saw diesel, I thought for sure he didn't weigh as much as McCall. Turns out he weighed more.
Weight- 8 lbs 4ounces
Height - 21 1/2 inches
He doesn't have near as much hair as McCall did, I think he has just the right amount. He is such a good baby so far. He has been a good eater and he sleeps from 10 ish until I have to wake him up at 2 or 3 to feed him. Then he would sleep again until 7 or 8 but I usually wake him up at 6:30 to feed him so I'm not trying to feed him when McCall gets up. I am hoping he will always be a good sleeper for us. It has been a nice change from mccall waking up every hour when she was born.
Holding my baby right after he was born 





Ahhh! Congrats you guys! Okay, we had Tinley on the 26th, and I'm writing about her labor now...I cannot believe you were at a 9! Lucky lucky girl!!
ReplyDelete