I can sum up week one home with Diesel in two words... Baby Blues. I seriously HATE the blues and hormones that come with having babies. I am pretty sure I'm a total looney for the first 2 months after giving birth. I like to be in control of things, I have never liked change, and I hate the unknown that comes with a baby (am I feeding it enough? Is his tummy upset? Is he growing right? Yada yada) also it has been extremely hard on me with having McCall to take care of also. I feel like I neglect her more than I should be, and I really have missed the old days of just her and I. We were buds just hanging out all day and now life seems chaotic. But I know things will smooth out and I will get a routine going again eventually...but for now I am feeling overwhelmed and defeated. I am hoping these blues leave me soon. Don't get me wrong I love this little boy so so so much, it's just going to take some getting used to. Oh and did I mention I HATE breast feeding with my entire heart. I breast fed McCall for about 5 weeks and then switched to formula. I have barely made it through a week with this guy and I am ready to switch him over already. So that may be happening pretty soon here. I know "breast is best" but goodnight I dont think its worth it if I hate it as much as I do.
Stats for week one post partum
Arms- 11"
Thighs- 21 1/2" (down 1")
Waist-34 1/4" (down 5 3/4")
Hips- 35 1/4" (down 2 3/4")
Weight- 127 lbs (17 to go)
Hangin out on the floor
We had a family movie night on Saturday. McCall loved it. We watched delivery man...we thought it was a pretty good show.
Sunday mark and McCall watched Frozen together and McCall fell asleep since she didn't get her nap that day...she was having too much fun playing with teegan and Riley. (Amy and bud drove up Sunday to visit- so nice of them, we had fun chatting with them.)
This is also the Sunday that mark had to speak in church, and McCall wanted to go to church so bad, she kept saying church, and then sang " Jesus wants me for a sunbeam " all day. She also wanted to wear tights when I asked what she wanted to wear.
No comments:
Post a Comment