Monday, September 15, 2014

An office area

First I just have to say how much I love old homes. In my opinion you can't get the kind of character an old home has when you buy a new one. Mark and I have LOVED making this place our own. When we moved in two short years ago the place was definitely lived in by an older couple and needed some updating and love. Off our kitchen area they had a washer and dryer tucked away in a little cut out of the walls. We decided as part of the basement remodel we would put our washer and dryer downstairs so people weren't staring at our laundry when they came over. And it wouldn't be so noisy upstairs when I did laundry. Moving the washer and dryer downstairs left a space for us to build the most perfect little desk/office area. Mark happens to be the most handy man around and knows how to build cabinets. I am not in love with the color of cabinets in our kitchen, but since we aren't planning on living here forever and this is mostly just an investment property for us, we chose to match the color of he cabinets in the kitchen so everything looked uniform. I LOVE how it turned out and I think Mark did and amazing job. Now we are awaiting the arrival of our computer. Oh and I painted the little side wall with chalkboard paint so we could write notes and what-not on there. 
Here Mark is taking out some of the old stuff that was built in around the washer and dryer. He had to wire in some outlets and plug up some of the draining holes, then tear out those cupboards and Sheetrock everything back normal. 




And here are some of the pictures of the cabinets as he was building them. 






Still need to finish the counter top and the baseboard. 


And we LOVE having a desktop! 



Chalkboard wall. 







No comments:

Post a Comment