Mark and I were never really a "thing". I knew that mark wanted to date me seriously, but I knew that I wasn't ready for a serious relationship. ( like I said, I had just gotten out of a relationship with my dumb high school boyfriend.) I wanted time to figure out who I was and what I wanted. Mark and I would hang out all the time, and most often we would find ourselves going on drives up in the mountains in his truck. There was one time we got stuck in some mud and poor mark had to get out and shovel us outta there.
It is surprising how much Mark and I learned about each other just from going out on drives. We would talk about our families, our dreams, our schooling, our trials...you name it- we talked about it. Over time, I slowly began to realize Mark was really everything I had wanted in a guy and more. I had never been respected so much by any other guy, and Mark was always a gentleman to me. I loved his farm boy background, and I loved that he didn't have to be some meat head muscle man. He was so down to earth. I was always able to be myself with him.
We were on different tracks in school and Mark would go home for summers and work. I had my job at the plasma center and went to school on the summer track. The spring of 2009 mark convinced me to go to Wendell and meet his family. I was pretty nervous..but I agreed to it. At this point Mark and I had never kissed or anything. We were just really good friends (who knew they had feelings for each other).
I pulled into the small, smelly town of Wendell and fell in love with it right away. I also fell in love with Marks family right away. Even though I barely talked to anyone. ( I talked to Amy and Bud the most that first trip ) and I remember feeling so surprised that there were people that were so kind and down to earth. They were so easy to talk to. Later that evening after dinner, I made Mark take me on a drive around Wendell to show me his schools and all the other places that he hung out at growing up. It was such a fun drive, and I think that's when I really knew how much I cared for Mark. Gary (marks dad) called and tried to convince me to stay the night at their house, but I was not sold on that idea and my parents wouldn't have liked the idea either. So mark and I headed back to his parents house and I said bye to everyone and mark walked me out to my car...
(Side note) I had told my sister a few times before this trip even that I was scared to kiss mark because "what if he was a bad kisser"? I really liked his personality and everything about him, but what if it all got ruined because he was a bad kisser!?
Well we walked to my car and he gave me a hug (like he usually did)...and then he snuck in a kiss. I was so caught off guard, but it was the best first kiss ever. About three or four of his nieces and nephews were hiding in the bushes spying on us and all we heard after mark kissed me was a bunch of giggles a few "yucks" and then the bushes rustled and the kids ran out of the bushes.
I remember pulling out of the town of Wendell with a different feeling than I had arrived in Wendell with. Something about those darn country boys that will get ya every time.
This kiss of ours pretty much was a game changer. We continued talking and texting on the phone like we had been while he was off track, but when he got back we started dating and never looked back. We had a lot of fun together. Enjoying so much together; Dairy Queen, bowling, doing homework together, watching movies, going on walks, drives up to the mountains, a few Bon fires, lunch dates (mark was sweet and would sometimes pick me up at work and take me out to eat.) I was never at my apartment, I was either in class, at work, or with mark. I had a night class and mark would drive me there and pick me up afterwards.
In the fall of 2009 we both knew where things were heading with our relationship, and Mark proposed to me in November of 2009.
No comments:
Post a Comment