Thursday, January 30, 2014

All busted up

Dear 2014, 
I had high hopes for this year. . . And those hopes are already crushed. This year has been nothing but stress, sicknesses, and more stress. On Wednesday the 22 nd. I had spent all morning cleaning the house and pretty much had neglected McCall all morning while I was trying to finish the cleaning. I finally finished and made her lunch. I told myself I would put her down for her nap, rest up a little and then she was going to get my undivided attention all afternoon. Well while I was in the process of putting her down for a nap I got a phone call. I didn't answer it- I would call back after I laid her down. Well I had a voice message from Trevor ( a guy mark works with ) saying give him a call when I got the message. (In my head I thought that's never good when someone mark works with is calling and not mark. Sure enough when I called Trevor back he informed me that mark had broken his leg and they were at the Rexburg hospital getting x-rays. So I called my mom...she would know what to do. She got off work early and stayed at our house while I went to Rexburg to bring him home from the hospital .  
Sure enough he fractured the fibula in two spots and was in quite a bit of pain. When I arrived to pick him up he was all pail and looked like he was going to throw up. He was hungry and on some pretty strong pain meds. We stopped at Jamba Juice on the way back to Idaho falls to get him something to eat. 
See that skidsteer right there? That is what crushed his leg. He was backing it up and tripped over that concrete footing right there behind it and it drove back over his leg. 
Thursday I got him in to see dr. Biddulphs p.a. And get some more instruction as to what needs done to his leg. 
We were told to keep it elevated and to keep ice on it, as well as taking ibuprofen for the swelling. (It was REALLY swollen and bruised up). 
Friday and Saturday it was feeling ok. Sunday we went to church and had to come home after sacrament meeting because it was killing him. This is when it started going down hill. His leg was in a lot of pain and was starting to get really hot in some areas. We couldn't get him to the doctor til Wednesday so he had to just tolerate it for a couple days. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment