Friday, April 4, 2014

Two weeks

Diesel is officially two weeks old.

 At his check up he was 
21" (73%)
Exactly 9 lbs (63%)
He is definitely growing fast. 
Week two has gone by a lot better than week one. My hormones have evened out, We are starting to kinda get the hang of two kids and I am starting to see light at the end of the tunnel. This week mark was home from work a few days because of weather ... And I think that also helped a ton. After I have a baby all I want is my hubby. I also switched Diesel over to formula. I will say I think that has helped me get over my baby blues...I don't enjoy breast feeding and I think the stress of it was just adding to everything that was already going on. 
On Friday marks parents came from Wendell to visit, and we had a nice relaxing day visiting and Ruth brought a yummy soup for dinner. McCall loves playing with grandpa Dimond and uncle Jason when they come. 
Saturday Mark decided to take us on a drive so that we could get out of the house for a little while. McCall and I both are sick of being cooped up in the house. I wish the weather would just get nice so we could play outside a little. We went on a drive to swan valley, got some square ice cream, and headed back. It was sooooo nice getting out for a few hours. Thanks Mark! Later this evening we had a family movie night on the bed. 

Sunday mark had a talk in church, I was bummed I had to miss it- he always does such a good job. Then we had more visitors- Amy and bud and their kids came to visit from Wendell. It was fun seeing them and they brought cute John Deere outfits for the kids. 


As for Diesel... He is still such a GOOD BABY! We have been so lucky, he eats good, sleeps great, and he never makes a noise unless he is getting a sponge bath. He can now have regular baths - we will see if he likes those better. 
I still have to wake him up at night to feed him. So we usually put him to bed around 10 and I usually wake him up around 3 to feed him and he goes right back to sleep. I also will wake him back up at 6:30 to feed him so he is fed before McCall wakes up at 7. He usually goes back to sleep until I get him up at 8:30. 
Throughout the day he still sleeps a ton...like most the day. He usually does pretty good about being awake from around 5 until we put him to bed. 
McCall is still getting used to sharing attention, and a lot of days I still feel like she doesn't get enough attention, and she knows she doesn't have all my attention anymore so she finds more and more things to get into. Summer needs to get here so she can play outside and blow the stink off her. Other than that McCall is such a good sis, and always wants to "play" with Diesel and show him all her toys. We are still working on bring soft with him. 
Mark has been working on the basement like a mad man almost everyday. He is almost finished hanging Sheetrock. Then on to texturing walls and painting. YAY. 

No comments:

Post a Comment