Thursday, May 15, 2014

Mother's Day 2014

Mother's Day was fantastic this year. I requested multiple times (to ensure it got through to mark) that I didn't want any gifts. We are really trying to put every penny into our basement so we can get it finished and enjoy it.
Instead we enjoyed the day together with our kids. Church was great, and we had a relaxing afternoon together before we headed to grandpa and grandma Nields for dinner. (Which was so yummy). After dinner we sat down and visited with great grandpa and grandma klingler and Rosie. 
I asked Dad if he would quickly snap a picture of me and you kids before church...and this is what we got. 

The next day when I went to look at the pictures he had taken I couldn't help but be overwhelmed with love and gratitude. It just kind of hit me at that moment how our family has grown and how time truly goes soooo fast. The first thing I noticed was how BIG my little girl is getting :(. McCall, you look so big and grown up and I'm not ready for that. I can honestly remember; like it was yesterday, when you were Diesels age. You are my sweetheart and you are so patient with me as we go through me learning how to deal with new phases of mommyhood. Thank you for being my little sidekick...I can't imagine my days without you. I hope I can be more patient with you and teach you how to be a strong, confident, and loving girl. And Diesel, you handsome little man. You are SUCH a good baby. Sometimes I don't think I deserve such a carefree baby..but I got ya and I'm lovin it. Your big sis is kinda rough with you, but she doesn't quite understand the concept of "soft". No matter how many times we tell her, she just has so much energy and love that it just comes out with force! But you are a pretty tough little dude and it's a good thing. You also gave me the best Mother's Day gift of all time- you slept from 10:30-6 this morning. It felt wonderful to get that amount of sleep again! 
Sometimes I let myself get so caught up in making it to the next level in out lives that I forget to live and cherish the moment I'm in. I can't think of a better way to live my life than the way I am right now. I get to spen everyday with these little beauties. 
Here is a picture from Mothers Day two years ago.  Life changes SO fast. 

No comments:

Post a Comment