Friday, May 2, 2014

6 weeks old

Diesel is 6 weeks now, and time sure is going by fast. I felt like time went by so slow with McCall because I was always waiting for her to reach the next step and all my attention was on her. With diesel I am so busy with him and McCall that he just reaches the next step without me even realizing it. He is getting pretty chunky and is still just as happy and content as can be. He is still sleeping from about 10 pm - 4 am and I am fine with that...much better than every two hours. He is eating 4 oz. and is still not on a schedule during the day yet. It has been a challenge trying to get him on one, and I figure once he stops sleeping so much it will be easier to enforce a schedule. 
McCall is getting quite the attitude lately. I am really not enjoying it that much. If I tell her no about anything it is bound to trigger whining, crying, tantrums. I try to keep my cool as much as I can in these situations, and just not react to them so she isn't seeing that it affects me. But man it's hard some days! But she also has the sweetest little personality at the same time...how can that be? This week while I was outside doing some yard work, I turned around to find her smack dab in the middle of the lawn with all the sprinklers spraying her. She thought that was neat. 


Also while I was cleaning the house, I went into her room and went to make her bed when I found this (paper towels tucked away in bed) 

On the days I don't do Zumba I try to get up and go jogging before mark goes to work..and if that doesn't happen then I load the kiddos up and set off on a walk. (Do you think we need a double stroller? ... Nah. Just cram 'em in there! 




1 comment:

  1. Your kids are adorable! I love seeing pictures of them and reading about how things are going! It seems like it takes a couple months to get a newborn on a schedule since they sleep so much but once they've got a routine it is so nice! I'm a nazi about keeping my babies on a schedule, it really makes my life so much easier! I hope things are going good for you! I'm coming to Rexburg in June and I would love to get together for lunch or something while I'm there! We need to catch up!

    ReplyDelete