Wednesday, May 2, 2012
We have moved
Mark took a new job in Wendell at Magic Valley growers in March; a few days after McCall was born. He is irrigating for them and planting seed. He really has enjoyed it so far and I am very glad (He needs to enjoy his job since he has to be there all day everyday). It was pretty hard to have him start so soon after McCall was born. . . we didn't have our apartment all packed up yet and we didn't have a new place in Wendell to move into yet, so I stayed at my parents house with McCall for four weeks until I got the hang of the mom thing and until McCall didn't have so many doctors appointments. Well Mark didn't find any homes around Wendell that were worth buying right now and so we are renting a home from Magic Valley Growers (I hate the idea of renting again, especially since we were so close to buying a home in Idaho Falls) but we are hoping that we can find some land to purchase right now instead of a home, and pay that off then build a home after that. The home we are living in isn't my ideal home...it is literally in the middle of no where and it has taken a lot of TLC and paint to get it in a condition that I am okay living in. The family renting it before us liked their color...especially this nasty yellow color and bright red and a copper brown. (not very attractive colors in my opinion) Ruth and Amy spent a few days over here painting before I moved down and then my parents came and helped paint and clean the weekend I moved down. It has been really hard for me to be away from my family and Idaho Falls. My family is everything to me and I really have missed being able to stop by and chat with them whenever I want or being able to have Sunday dinner every week with my parents and Ty and Alese. I also miss being able to ride my bike to almost anywhere in town, or running to the High school and using their track and stairs to work out. I'm sure I will slowly grow to tolerate it here...but its not home and i'm not sure I will ever be able to call it home. We also have been working a lot on the yard, there are a ton of weeds and a ton of flower beds that we are converting into grass. Also Mark has been working really hard on getting my garden area ready for use so that I can get to planting before its too late.
Here is our home
Here is the master bathroom before we painted it (it was yellow, this is it with the primer)
Here is the master bathroom now
Here is our bedroom before
Our bedroom after
Our living room before (ugly copper brown)
Living room after
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment