Saturday, February 15, 2014

The proposal (love story part 4)

Mark and I had done some ring shopping together but not a whole lot. Marks alternator went out this fall and he had to drop a lot of cash to fix it. I kinda thought this would mean he was going to have to wait a while to get the ring. I was wrong. 
November 14 th Mark and I were hanging out like we usually did. We were in Idaho falls ( we spent a lot of our time in Idaho falls at my parents house), we ran errands most of the day and then mark said he wanted to go out to eat. We ate at Red Robin, then mark wanted to go on a drive...so I was game. (Nothing too out of the ordinary since we always went on drives) we drove up on top of a hill just put of town. We could see all the city lights from the truck and it was so pretty. I love nothing more than being surrounded by beautiful country and being removed from the chaos of the city. I don't think mark could have planned it any better. And I still don't think he knows how much it meant to me to be proposed to away from everything and doing something we both loved doing together. Mark didn't actually get down on a knee to ask me (give him and break - we were in the truck and it was pouring rain outside:)). He was so sneaky and grabbed the ring box out of the door pocket and asked if I would marry him. He picked the prettiest ring out there and I LOVED it. 
We headed back into town to show my ring off to my family. They were all excited to have mark part of the family. One regret from this night was that I didn't get a SINGLE picture of mark and I together! 
We set a wedding date for July 24th and began planning and preparing. Lots of people told us we were nuts for waiting so long - but it wasn't all that bad. 

No comments:

Post a Comment