Tuesday, February 25, 2014
Elder christofferson
During mccalls nap is my "me time". Depending on what's going on that day, I usually try to find time to sit and relax while I read an ensign article or my scriptures or something. My dad had suggested a talk to read from last falls conference and so I thought I would glance over it today. I was so uplifted by his message and it was exactly what I needed to hear right now. "The demands on her were many and her tasks often repetitive and mundane, yet underneath it all was a beautiful serenity, a sense of being about Gods work." His talk helped me refocus and helped me to realize that sometimes the right thing to do isn't the fun thing to do. Lately I have felt like I sometimes miss out on the adult life and that all I can relate to is a two year old. I often times have found myself jealous that mark gets to wake up every morning and get ready for the day and go out and converse with Adults and make money. While I wake up to a hungry toddler that wants to eat NOW and then needs soooo much of my attention all day that I find myself still in sweats and a t-shirt with my hair in the same bun from yesterday by the end of the day. I also had found myself looking around at some of the women who have gone so overboard with their blogs and making money off of their blogs and comparing myself and my situation with theirs. Why can't I find a way to make money on the side? I realized the answer to my question today- and that is because I wouldn't be able to give a hundred percent to my kids and their growing minds right now... Sometimes being a mom full time isn't the funnest...but it is what my kids need and it is what will benefit them the most right now. "There is no better setting for rearing the rising generation than the traditional family, where a father and mother work in harmony to provide for, teach, and nurture their children."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment